Resources for Parents
Many staff members at the Boys & Girls Clubs strive to meet the educational needs of their Club youth through innovative programs such as Project Learn, a comprehensive strategy that uses fun but academically beneficial activities. Parents and caregivers can use a similar strategy at home by using these homework tips, time management hints and ideas on how to talk about college with your teen.
- Homework Tips for Parents
- Homework Help (English & Spanish)
- How to Make Summer Learning Fun (English & Spanish)
- Time Management Tips (English & Spanish)
- 25 Better Ways to Ask Kids About Their School Day
- Youth & Safe Technology
- How to Keep Kids Motivated During the School Year
- Smarter Fun in the Summer
- Internet Safety
Health and Fitness
Did you know that tooth decay is the single most common chronic childhood disease? Healthy teeth and gums play a critical role in children's overall health, just as fitness and nutrition do. To assist your child in developing good oral care, fitness and nutritional habits, review the resources below and make health a family affair!
Crime and Violence
While crime and violence among youth is climbing upward, communities can work together to slow this disturbing trend. Service organizations – such as Boys & Girls Clubs – can join parents, schools, local law enforcement, the court system and other community partners in combating this issue. For information and resources, click on these helpful links below.
- Parents' Guide to Gangs -- Spanish
National Gang Center (Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, U.S. Justice Dept.)
- Find Bullying Information at www.findyouthinfo.org
a collaborative effort of several U.S. Government agencies.
- The Ultimate Guide to Protecting Your Child Online in 2021
Suicide is the second leading cause of death in young people between 10-24. Family conflicts, school stressors, relationships, and the loss of important people can seem impossible to deal with. Support can help. For more information, click on the following link.